For students entering grades 5-6
Students will experience hands-on entrepreneurship through a variety of highly interactive classroom activities, guest speakers, and a tour of a local business! They will learn to make money doing something they love by:
- Meeting and learning from successful entrepreneurs
- Designing business cards and flyers
- Going through the process of planning and implementing a business idea
At the end of the camp, parents will be invited to attend a business fair showcasing the students’ creative ideas and hard work.
Session July 6-10 from 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Location Crossroads Park Elementary, 1050 50th Street, West Des Moines
Instructor Jon Williams, Business Teacher at Valley High School
Cost $180—Depending on your child’s business idea, you may need to purchase additional supplies..
Lunch Please have your child bring a sack lunch each day as lunch is not provided.
- Registrations are due by Monday, June 29. Registrations after this time will be charged a $25 late fee
- View Registration Information
Be the Boss! Extended Day Opportunities
Need child care before and/or after the camp? Kids West provides a variety of fun activities and breakfast/snack both before and after Be the Boss! Register for the full week in the morning, the afternoon, or both!
Mornings—6:45–9 a.m. Afternoons—3:30-6 p.m.
Cost: $30/week Cost: $30/week