The WDMCS Community Education Advisory Council (CEAC) is a volunteer group of citizens who identify community needs and find ways to meet those needs. The council consists of volunteers who represent the schools and other organizations in the West Des Moines Community School. The CEAC meets monthly during the school year.
The CEAC operates at the community level to understand and represent the needs of the broader community.
CEAC members are selected to serve because they are involved citizens willing to support programs and processes that uphold the philosophy of Community Education.
- Police Departments
- Chamber of Commerce
- Human Services
- Parks and Recreation
- and other citizens
We currently need representatives from Clive Learning Academy, Crossroads Park Elementary, Stilwell Junior High, and Walnut Creek Campus.
Responsibilities of CEAC members:
- Attend an orientation meeting (new members).
- Attend a minimum of six CEAC meetings (September-May).
- One-year renewable term
- Serve on a project committee and work cooperatively to achieve goals.
- Serve as an advocate for WDMCS Community Education.
- Share emerging community needs, ideas, and concerns that impact the quality of life in the community.
- Maintain two-way sharing of information between the CEAC and represented group, as appropriate.
- Review the budget and ensure fiscal responsibility.
If you are intersted in learning more about becoming a member of the Community Education Advisory Council, please contact Shahna Janssen, Director of Community Education, at 515-633-5004 or firstname.lastname@example.org.