Share your Spanish language skills and cultural knowledge with teachers in your community! Through this class, teachers will learn Spanish grammar, vocabulary, and conversation skills that will help them better serve their students’ diverse learning needs. Conversation partners are needed to help Spanish Language and Culture participants practice their new skills through guided conversation.
Caitlin Quirk, Intercultural Outreach AmeriCorps VISTA
Approximately 1.5-2 hours/week. Volunteers are not required to attend every class.
Schedule and location
Wednesdays for 1.5-2 hours during Spring 2020 semester at Western Hills Elementary: 600 39th St, West Des Moines, IA 50265.
- Age 18+
- Native Spanish speaker
- Basic command of the English language
- Access to reliable transportation
- Patience for working with non-native Spanish speakers
- Eagerness to share your language and culture with others
- No teaching experience necessary
Duties and Responsibilities
- Attend volunteer orientation and training
- Sign up to attend classes on our electronic attendance sheet
- Maintain communication with the Intercultural Outreach AmeriCorps VISTA to discuss your experience and provide suggestions for improvement
- Write a short biography to introduce yourself to participants in the class!
More details coming soon!
Questions? Interested in volunteering? Email Caitlin Quirk at email@example.com.