Students can still register for Summer Adventures in Learning (SAIL), a weeklong WDMCS Community Education program for student entering grades 1-7. SAIL offers refresher classes in reading, writing and math, as well as enrichment classes in chess, computers, art, science and much more.
SAIL classes run from 8:45 a.m. to 3:30 pm., June 27-July 1, at Crossroads Park Elementary, 1050 50th St., West Des Moines.
By offering four different class times throughout the day, SAIL gives students and their families the ability to choose classes that fit their needs, interests, and schedules. Students can take one or two classes or attend the whole day by taking four classes and staying for lunch and recess.
This year’s SAIL classes include:
- BOOM! Pianos Lost in Space, a music class involving keyboards and musical tubes called Boomwhackers;
- Developmental Math classes for students entering grades 2-7;
- Hanging with Henkes, a reading and writing class inspired by books from popular children’s author Kevin Henkes;
- LEGO® Creations, for students who love both books and Legos; and
- Reading/Writing Success, a reading and writing development class for students entering grades 6-7.
Grades listed for each class indicate the grade students will be entering in the 2016-17 school year. To see all SAIL class listings, visit bit.ly/SAIL_2016.
Interested families can learn about registration at bit.ly/SAIL_Registration or by calling 515-633-5001 between 8 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. Monday-Friday. Families should register by Monday, June 20, to avoid the $25 late registration fee.
Learn more about SAIL on the WDMCS Community Education website at www.wdmcs.org/commed/programs/